- 2 cups (480 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 can (420 g) plum tomatoes
- 6 tomatoes (roasted)
- 1 sliced onion (roasted)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 drop Black pepper essential oil (optional)
- 1 drop Oregano essential oil (optional)
- 1 drop Thyme essential oil (optional)
You can do this with the ingredients you have on hand, or you can roast them. I absolutely recommend taking the 20-30 mins to do this because the flavour it is OUT OF SIGHT.
Before you begin, cut your onion in 3rds and place on a roasting tray with baking paper. Cut the garlic in half, crosswise and put both halves facing up, then lay in some fresh time, and then cut your tomatoes in halves lying them face down. Pop in the oven on 200c for about 30 mins or until a nice caramalised colour
- Place broth, plum tomatoes, tomato, garlic, basil leaves, salt, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds, or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Reduce speed to Variable 3. Remove the lid plug and add the chickpeas. Blend an additional 15 seconds.
- Serve immediately with buttered toast, yummo!